Sunday, November 13, 2016

Tis the Season Shaker Card

Shaker cards always take card giving to a new level for me. So unique and fun to make at the same time. I used to admire everyone else's then decided to take a leap and make my own. I had so much fun and loved the way it turned out its hard not to make all my cards a shaker card. When i saw how gorgeous the Detailed Santa thinlit die cutout was I knew I had to make a shaker card with him at least once.( I know Ill make more ;))I used White whisper card stock for the base and to cut the Santa out of. I colored in some with my Stampin markers Real Red, Flirty Flamingo from the new In Colors 2016- 2018, and Gold write marker, that is now retired but you can use the Wink of Stella gold for his glasses and it will look great.The sentiment is stamped in Night Of Navy and from the oh, what fun stamp set.The filling is Dazzling Diamonds and some snow flake confetti i punched out.The framing is from some Christmas washi tape I had on hand. Doesn't take long to assemble this fun card.The blue background is a piece from some winter scrapbook paper I had. You can use whatever suits your taste. Here is the list of supplies you will need to make this fun card!! Product List
I had to get in one more before I moved on to another stamp and thinlit set..lol..this one was Pinterest inspired, I thought it was to pretty not to make my own.I love love Pinterest, so many ideas so little time in a day.
I used Real Red card stock for my base, then added a piece of the Red Glimmer paper and a strip of DSP Holidays fancy foil vellum.I cut my Santa from Whisper white card stock. Used my Greetings from Santa stamp set again, stamped on a 1 3/4" circle i punched out with Real Red ink pad.Used the smallest circle die from my Layering circles framelits, then glued my stamped circle on to that, then used a dimensional to stick it to the card, giving it a 3d look.I glued the Santa onto the red glimmer paper using the fine tip Glue pen. That glue pen is perfect for thin edges and small things.Added my strip of Foil Vellum and it was done.I stamped Merry Christmas on the inside with the retired Sassy Salutation stamp. Here is what you need to make this awesome card. Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment